Day Care and Training
Some people choose to do a partial board and train while they are away and then they finish training with the day school program once they return from their trip. We have limited availability left for July and August. Call us today at 201-444-9893 to see if your dates are still available.
We opened one of the very first day schools in the country back in 1996 on Northlake Boulevard in North Palm Beach, Florida. A unique way to train your dog and let them play all day. Drop off your dog each day in the clean, safe day care of our new 3,600 square foot climate controlled canine lifestyle center in Midland Park, NJ and Babette will personally train your dog. At the end of the day, you pick up your dog who will be happy, well exercised and ready to go home to sleep peacefully. Bring her each day, Tuesday through Friday for three weeks. At the end of the three weeks, you are given follow up sessions so that your dog listens as well to you, as she does to us. This is a terrific alternative to boarding camp. The training includes:
- Behavior problems such as jumping, digging, barking, chewing.
The dog obedience portion includes:
- Heel – Imagine walking down the street past other dogs and children and your dog is walking next to you on a loose leash.
- Automatic-sit – When you stop walking your dog will sit without being told.
- Sit-Stay – You can put your dog in a sit-stay for up to three minutes, walk away and she will stay where you left her even with distractions, i.e. children running past.
- Come – Your dog will come to you the first time you call her from a thirty-foot distance.
- Down-Stay – Your dog will stay while laying down for up to five minutes even with distractions such as other dogs, even if she can not see you.
- Down & Emergency Down – If you’re out walking your dog and she manages to get loose, you can give this command to keep your dog safe from being hit by a car.
- Leave the Room – If you drop a glass, for example, and you want your dog to leave the area, she will do that.
- Kennel- If you want her to go to her bed/place/kennel she will.
- On Your Back – If you want to check your dog for fleas, she will roll over on her back for you. There are additional first aid benefits to this as well.
- Stand-Stay – Ideal for brushing and bathing.
- Drop-It – If your dog picks up something like a child’s toy, she will drop it when you tell her.
- No – If you tell her not to do something, she will stop.
Calming signals and techniques are also taught in this course.
We introduce off-leash training as well as learning how to behave in social environments as daily workouts will include walks through the lovely town of Midland Park, New Jersey and visits in places like banks and area stores. (Weather permitting)