Babette began the South Florida school in 1989. As an experienced trainer and dog owner, she fully understands the need of owners to live a stress-free life of harmony and balance with their dog. As a mom to two young children, she knows first-hand the needs of the family who may be bringing home a new baby or have children who need to be able to control the dog as well as mom and dad. Many times you will even find that her two children participate in lessons teaching dogs to take direction from children and solve problems such as jumping up on children or nip at their heels.
- Has appeared on The Today Show when she trained Natalie Morales dog to do a series of tricks
- Has been featured in The Chicago Tribune, The Seattle Times, Los Angeles Times and many other national & regional newspapers
- Interviewed for over a dozen radio programs discussing dogs
- Her own students have appeared in movies with Colin Farrell, Robert DeNiro and Christopher Walken
- Has trained dogs for commercials and print ads for companies such as MasterCard and Bounty
- Trained dogs that have appeared on The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and 30 Rock
- Wrote the best selling The Best Dog Tricks on the Planet
- Is the trainer featured on Doggington Post’s The Language of Barking
- Taught Jimmy Buffet’s Maltese to dance when asked, “What do we do in Margaritaville?”
- Trained Jack Nicklaus’ Golden Retriever to bark the correct number of major wins when asked, “How many times has Daddy won the Masters?”
- Was elected as a member of the Board of Directors of the elite International Association of Canine Professionals
- Wrote the Community Canines column for the Jupiter Courier
- Has been voted “Palm Beach’s Favorite Dog Trainer”
- Was selected by Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control to develop shelter dog training programs for the volunteers and
- Assists with training and behavioral problems for Peggy Adams’ Animal Rescue League
- Has been billed ” The Miss Porter’s of Dogs”
- Attends at least 60 hours of canine seminars each year
- Has bred Champion Belgian Malinois
- Was a handler for the periodic drug search on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange
- Had her first theatrical dog training job for a Black and Decker commercial featuring former Dallas Cowboy Bob Lilly in 1979
- Supplied and handled dogs for “The Guiding Light” and “All My Children”
- Assisted in the training of the first Australian Shepherd used for Guide Dog work
- Was a keynote speaker for the International Association of Assistance Dogs Partners 1997 Conference
- Was a keynote speaker at the International Association of Canine Professionals in 2001 and 2003.
- Has presented seminars to AKC judges on the German Shepherd Dog & Belgian Breeds
- Wrote the critically acclaimed book Woman’s Best Friend: Choosing and Training the Dog that is Right for You, published by
McGraw-Hill which sold out of its first printing in six weeks.
- Has been featured numerous times at the national and local level on radio, newspaper and television, as well as in Pet Business
and Dog Fancy magazines for her expertise.
- Has written articles for various national and local publications, including DOGS USA and Off-Lead magazines.
HAGGERTY STUDENTS REFFERED BY CESAR MILLAN
Babette Haggerty with friend Cesar Millan of National Geographic’s Dog Whisperer. Cesar has referred many New York/New Jersey and South Florida dog owners to Babette for training.